Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Banana

Now that it is summer and perfectly ripe bananas are available at supermarkets, the topic came up in watercooler chat today at work about where banana flies come from when the house or apartment is virtually sealed. If they indeed came from within the Banana itself, then are we eating the little insects, their larvae or their eggs? At this time, one of my co-workers who I will call Bunn quoted (from what source I haven't found yet):

Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

Addendum

Research shows that the quote is attributed to Groucho Marx. Now, growing up in India, I had never heard of this person, who seems in many ways to be more famous than Karl Marx.

Some more from Groucho Marx that I found simply hilarious:

* I intend to live forever, or die trying.

* Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

* If you've heard this story before, don't stop me, because I'd like to hear it again.

* Before I speak, I have something important to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home